We want to express our deepest sympathies to anyone affected by the COVID-19 or has lost anyone to this virus. These are difficult times for everyone for sure. Sioux Falls area has been hit hard with this and we know it has not been easy.
The governor has partially opened the state back up, but we still need to be cautious and remain diligent in our lives to limit the spread. Unfortunately, it may be with us for quite a while so looking out for ourselves and our community is high priority.
Updates and decisions change every day and we are watching them closely. We do not know what the guidelines will be next week or next month, we can only do our best right now. Many of us all are anxious and on edge with all the changes. You may not agree on those changes and that is fine, but each of us must adjust to at our own rate.
We are planning to tentatively open the doors on May 16th. with our monthly Themed party Enchanted Forest. The center will be open to current and new members at 8:00 p.m. The Lifestyle 101 class is rescheduled for May 23rd at 7:00 pm and will also be on Zoom if you prefer to attend the class from home. Zoom meetings will continue in conjunction with our group meetings and classes as we have gained a few followers from across the country and want to continue being able to include them. We will also provide you with links to other online events that our friends outside of the area will be hosting via Zoom at Dragon’s Tail which members will be welcomed to attend.
Closing will be at 1:00 am or earlier depending on attendance. Keeping in mind some people can be asymptomatic and you may not know you are infected. We have designed the following guidelines for entering Dragon’s Tail.
- If you have traveled more than 3-4 hours outside the Sioux Falls area, or any distance by common carrier (plane, train, bus etc), please wait for a minimum of 14 days after your return to check for symptoms before attending Dragon’s Tail.
- If you have visited a hospital, other medical facility, retirement home or nursing home, as a patient or guest, please allow a minimum of 5-7 days after your visit to check for symptoms before you attend.
- If you are ill, PLEASE STAY HOME until you are healthy.
- If you know you have been exposed to the virus, please allow a minimum of 14 days after exposure to check for symptoms.
We are a small venue so social distancing is not easy. Be respectful of others personal space, maybe wave instead of a handshake or hug. Please feel free to ask at the desk the number of people inside and you can decide how you want to proceed. You will not hurt our feelings if you say you do not want to go in right now and come back at a later date. We totally understand!!
- Mask will be required. Again, we are super small area. If you are not okay with wearing a mask again you will not hurt our feelings if you do not want to attend. Safety of all our members is the priority. We will have a limited supply of masks at the desk, available for $1.50 each, but you are very welcome to bring you own. (Donations are always welcome)
- Use your best judgement on scening. Add this to your negotiations before play. Do not be upset if someone does not want to play. Be understanding. We will all get there eventually.
WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN!! Handwashing is the single best thing you can do to keep yourself and others safe. Do it often. Hand sanitizer is slightly less effective, but still effective. You are welcome to bring your own hand sanitizer. (Donations are always welcome)
- Clean up your play area before and after you play, wiping down everything you touched. We wipe down all furniture before and after events, but it will not hurt to do so again before using the equipment. We have disinfectant wipes, bleach spray available, if you do not see one at your station ask.
- Use paper towels to turn on and shut off water faucets, flush the toilet and opening doors.
- Remember gloves get contaminated just like your hands. You are welcome to bring your own as ours are limited. (Donations are always welcome)
Snacks & Drinks
- No outside drinks are allowed. We will continue to supple water, coffee, tea, and soda. If you want to donate any of those items, please talk to the front desk for guidelines.
- Snacks are no longer communal. We will have chips and snacks in individual pre-packages. We will have a donation jar at the snack area to help offset the cost of these items. We appreciate your donations. You can bring your own snacks/food. (Donations are always welcome)
We will still be accepting cash; however, credit cards are more sanitary. We use Square and can accept credit card payments. If you want to pay ahead of time email us at email@example.com and we will gladly send you an invoice through Square. Make sure you include your member numbers and/or legal name on your driver’s license and include the dates you are attending. Keep in mind the advance payment option is for the dates you select only. If you cannot attend that night, please contact us. New memberships will still need to be in person.
As always, we accept donations. Monetary can be in person or online using this link https://my-site-109140-103532.square.site/
Supplies or equipment in person during open times or contact us through email and we can set up a time.
Thank you all for supporting us during this time. We are very appreciative of our community and will continue to provide a safe space for everyone. As things return to normal (ish) events will pick up and new groups and classes will start. Be patient. We are all in this together.
Core Management Team at Dragon’s Tail ALC